On Wednesday I went to Ikea with a few of my friends. It is starting to get quite chilly at night and the heat will not be turning on until November, and even then we can only have it on for two hours a day. Needless to say we needed some blankets. It turned out to a fun afternoon. We ate swedish meatballs in the cafe which were delicious and made me feel at home. I also found a kiosk for children that had computer games. Since the Italian was at a child's level I could understand most of it. I also got to color, play memory and that game where you have to find the differences between two pictures that Weeg is so fond of. I got a comforter, a new pillow, two rugs, a hamper and a fleece blanket. Now I will survive the winter wrapped in blankets in my frozen tundra apartment.
On Thursday Robin and I went out for lunch after classes to a restaurant around the corner from our apartment. Our "lukes" if you will. We know two of the waiters and they made us heart shaped pizza which is a sign of acceptance in the Italian culture.
We also had a meeting about our Milan trip yesterday. It was really pointless and boring but it did make me excited for the trip. We leave on Wednesday.
1 comment:
I'm glad you found your "Lukes" but hope you won't say coffee coffee coffee and ask for the old menus because you are homesick for the old menus - not that you wanted to order anything from them. Do they have donuts?
Post a Comment