Today I had academic orientation which was pretty much all information I already know since I've been going to this school for three years. I did get my schedule thought which was nice. As promised I have Fridays off which is wonderful and will make traveling on the weekends so much easier.

This afternoon Robin and I got our keys and moved into our apartment. I am staying at the hostel one last night since it is right next to where we have orientation in the morning. I left somethings at the hostel including my camera so that is why there are no pictures of my apartment yet.
The landlord Anna Rosa is the cutest old women and her family has owned/lived the building for generations. The building is considered a historic part of Florence so I have to sign a paper at the apartment agency saying that I understand and that I won't damage it in any way. Overall the apartment is amazing and I'm so excited to live there.

2 comments:
Your schedule looks great - and I'm glad you do have Fridays off. I hope I can meet your landlady when we are there and of course see your apartment. Yes, we will want to sample the gelato too!
Love, Mom
Hey, Laura! It is Andrea Carter!! I just found out today that you are in Florence--I am soooo excited for you! My niece lived there for quite awhile and then moved to Venice. She got married in Venice two years ago and many of my family members attended. Natalie and I first went to Florence for four days and then took a train to Venice to meet up with my family. We stayed on Via Ricasoli--almost of the corner of that street and V. Pucci.
Have you been to the Bargello yet? My niece recommended it and we did like it. We actually snuck pictures of The David on our cell phones :) I was telling your mom about the Science museum--we saw Galileo's FINGER in there! and, of course many of his telescopes, early microscopes, etc. And, you are correct--the gelato is so amazing over there!!! This is some of the stuff my niece had sent me before we went on our trip..."A good gelateria is Vivoli which is near the Church of Santa Croce. You can ask any of the merchants around and they can tell you where it is. I also like Gelateria de Neri in Via de Neri. There used to be a great place in Borgo San Jacopo (i hope I remember the right name!) called Il Cinghiale Bianco (the white boar) to eat. it is over the Ponte Vecchio and then go right. I also remember two places which are next to each other called da Mario and Trattoria ZaZa which are behind the Market of San Lorenzo. Finally, there is a fun place called Acqua al Due if it is still there which is next to the sculpture museum called Bargello. I recommend this museum since it it not as crowded as the Uffizi... one more great restaurant in Florence if you can get in: Florence: Cibreo
via dei Macci 118 R
Phone: 055 - 234 11 01
This restaurant has two different versions depending on how much you want to spend: the Cibreo and Cibreino, right round the corner. The kitchen is the same, but the Cibreino offers you a few first courses and a few main courses. Typical Tuscan food...
One of my favorite stores in Florence for bags and shoes is Nannini in via Porta Rossa http://www.nannini.it/index.html expensive but go in and look!..." This is where Natalie and I stayed: Franco Presta e Sawako Yamano
Bed & Breakfast Novecento
Via Ricasoli, 10
50122 Firenze, Italy
tel. 0039 - 055 214138
fax 0039 - 055 2717954
email: info@bbnovecentofirenze.it
www.bbnovecentofirenze.it
We loved staying there! Franco wanted to come home with me! I will try to send you a photo! do you have an e-mail address??
If you want any inside info on Venice, let me know! Her husband grew up there and his family is still there, but he and my niece live in Boston now.
Ok, I think i took up a lot of space! here is my e-mail andreacarter@verizon.net or acarter@mcasd.net
Have fun!!! keep in touch!!! Love, Andrea
Post a Comment