Sunday, August 24, 2008

I made it

I left my house around 10am on Friday morning.  Most of my traveling went smoothly, but I did miss my connecting flight in Rome to Florence so I had to wait around to get the next one.  I ran into Robin (my awesome friend and future roommate who I will be mentioning a lot) at the airport and we took a cab to the hostel together.  All the FIT girls are staying at the same hostel for this week until we get apartments.  The hostel is small but nice and clean.  I'm rooming with four other girls and we have our own bathroom.  Yesterday Robin and I spent most of the day walking around the city, it was the perfect summer day.  We went out to eat and enjoyed delicious italian food and being able to order wine.  We didn't sleep all day so be the time we got home last night around 10pm the jet lag had caught up with us and we crashed.  I slept for 14 hours and hopefully now I'll be able to be on Italy time.  Today we just have a short city tour with the program director and one of the professors.  

2 comments:

mega said...

yay!

lana bear said...

EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Im so freaking excited for you Laura!!!! I want to come visit so bad.

If you don't come home for Xmas, then I'll def try to get out there and see you!

Miss you loads..

xoxo