Monday, August 25, 2008

Sweet Victory!


















On the left is our school Polimoda where we had orientation today.  It is at the Villa Strozzi, which used to be the country home of the Strozzi family who were rivals to the Medicis.  It is on the top of a hill and it has beautiful views of the city.  On the right is the sun setting over the Arno river.  
Today Robin and I found the perfect apartment.  It is in San Lorenzo which is a really cute neighborhood in the city.  Our apartment in on the top floor and has a terrace! I really wanted an apartment with a terrace so I'm so excited to move in.  From the terrace you can see the Chapelle de Medici.  I'll post pictures later in the week.
  Tomorrow I have my first Italian class which makes me a little nervous because I feel like I can't remember anything from last semester.  I signed up for two field trips with the school, this weekend I am going to Cinque Terre which is five small villages along the coast line.  Next weekend I'm going to Siena which is another city in Tuscany.  I went there on my last trip to Italy and I'm very excited to go back, especially with the prospect of finding spicy olive oil as I did four years ago since I still remember how delicious it was.  
A domani!













1 comment:

mega said...

so beautiful! sounds like so much fun Laura!