Saturday, January 10, 2009

Christmas highlights

Overall break was great. The best part was being with my family. It was also great to sleep in, not do anything related to school, eat delicious food and enjoy the warm weather. Even though I've only been in Italy for four months a lot of things seemed weird to me. Dollars look so bizzare compared to euros. At the grocery store I kept looking for a scale to weigh the veggies which in Italy you have to do yourself. Also being in a car was weird but thats normal because I don't drive in New York either. Going to target was like heaven!
I left on Thursday morning flying to Atlanta, to Paris and finally back to Florence. It was pretty uneventful and much better than flying home was because I didn't miss any of my flights and its faster flying east which I forgot so that was a nice surprise. I got back to my apartment around noon and planned to take a short nap. I ended up sleeping for five hours only to be woken up by one of my downstairs roommates Abby ringing my door bell. Out of all my roommates only Abby and Chloe are here and it was so nice to see them. I also got to meet Chloe's family who are visiting right now. Abby made me dinner because she's amazing. Today we walked around town and went to two outdoor markets. It was beautiful and sunny and such a great day just walking around. I'm really happy to be back and have another semester here. I also booked two trips today. I'm going to Belgium at the end of the month and to Sweden in April! I found a great deal for Belgium and Sweden was at the top of my list to visit since my family is Swedish so I'm really excited about both of the trips. I'm hoping to see snow in Belgium since we don't get it here in Italy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THere is snow in NYC and in INdiana and tomorrow the high will be 4 degrees. they have already cancelled school! It is even chilly here in Florida!
Post some photos of Hazel!