Sunday, January 18, 2009

I want to ride my bicycle!

School started on Monday, this semester I'm taking Sales Management, Workshop in Apparel Merchandising, International Trade, Intercultural Communications and Italian III.  Almost all of my professors seem pretty good so far so thats a good sign.  I don't have class on Fridays again which is nice.  On Thursday we went to Pitti Uomo which is a menswear trade show here in Florence.  A trade show is where all the designers and lines, like Lacoste, Ralph Lauren etc present their lines to buyers.  This trade show was for Fall 09.  The show was huge, there had to be at least 5 different tents.  I wish I had some pictures but they are very strict about the no picture taking policy.
Yesterday I went to Lucca which is a small town about an hour an half away from Florence.  Back in the day all of the towns in Tuscany had walls around them for protection.  Lucca is one of the only towns that has its wall entirely intact.  On top of the wall is a path so we rented bicycles and rode around the city.  It was so much fun!  The view was amazing and it was a really beautiful day for January.  I'd really like to go back and do it again in the Spring.  Its great that we can do fun day trips.  I want to travel more this semester and see as much as Italy as possible. 


You can see the wall that goes around the city and the trees that line the path where we rode our bikes. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it will be great to go to Lucca and ride bikes - great photo!