Getting to and from Greece was one of the longest and most trying travel experiences I've ever had. That being said, It was beyond worth it.
Greece is one of the most amazing countries I've ever been to. I am so glad that I had 10 days to really see the country.
The 3rd was spent most in transit - train to Milan, bus to Milan airport, flight to Athens, bus to Athens center. I left my house at 5:45am and got to our hostel in Athens around 11pm. Don't forget though that Athens is 1 hour ahead of Italy.
On the 4th we did a tour of Athens with our hostel and literally saw the entire city. Our guide was really great and I learned a lot. I was weary going into Athens because I had heard lots of negatives ranging from its a dusty city to it smells like barbeque. (I actually love BBQ). Personally I loved Athens. Yes its dusty and there are a million stray dogs but all the ruins and the history behind the city are amazing. I do agree that there isn't much to do and that one or two days in Athens is sufficient.
After spending a long day seeing all the sights the rest of our group met up with us in Athens. We left for Mykonos the next morning.

No comments:
Post a Comment