Wednesday, April 15, 2009

SB2: Mykonos

Alex and I at a deserted beach.

Chloe and our buddy Finn.
The view from my hotel window.

Mykonos was our first island.  The weather was rainy and cloudy the whole time but we made the best of it.  Our hotel was really nice and had cats! One of really friendly, Finn, and we played with him a lot.  The town was really cute, all white buildings and tiny winding streets.  The second day we rented four wheelers and rode all around the island which was so much fun.  It was nice to travel in the low season, I liked seeing the islands empty.  

I must tell one scary story though.  Mykonos is known for its party scene so despite the rain we went out one night.  We actually found a cool bar and had a great time dancing.  However when we started to walk home a stray dog started following us.  It was huge and black, not unlike the grim!  Normally I wouldn't have minded much but my friend Chloe had the same thing happen to her in Athens and was shaken up by it so she was basically ripping my arm off in fear of the dog.  The dog that followed her in Athens started attacking people so we were all afraid that that would happen again.  The dog followed us the whole way to our hotel.  It was freaky, but the dog didn't hurt anyone and we went inside and eventually he left.  The experience did give us an idea, CSI: Mykonos (its always the stray dog.)


I really liked Mykonos overall. I was really annoyed with the weather at the time but since the rest of the trip was really warm it turned out to be ok.  Santorini is next.


No comments: