Friday night the school trip ended so me and my friend who were staying for the weekend went over to our Hostel in the Montmatre area. That night we just walked around, went up to Sacre Coeur and went out to eat.
Saturday was my friend Abby's birthday and we went to Versailles. It was definitely a priority for me since I've never seen it. We even got a student discount which was awesome. The palace was amazing, especially the hall of Mirrors. Afterwards we walked around the gardens and then went to the smaller palaces on the grounds and the Queen's hamlet. Marie Antoinette built a tiny village of cottages which were so cute. There even is a farm there with cows, goats, ducks, chickens and a pig. It was really beautiful to walk around even though it was February.
Saturday night we went out for Abby's birthday to a dive fondue place. There was no menu, only a choice of red or white wine and cheese and/or meat fondue. The wine was served in baby bottles and I probably ate a pound of cheese. The place was packed and at one point a girl decided to get up and sing. It was a really fun night.
Sunday we went to the Eiffel Tower in the morning but didn't go to the top because the line was huge. After that my friends wanted to go to the catacombs which I have already been to so I went off by myself. I walked over to the Hotel des l'Invalides which was built by Louis XIV for veterans and wounded soldiers. Now it is a museum. I went to the exhibit on WWI and WWII which was really well done and made me feel more educated. After that I walked up the the Champs Elysees, had lunch and then went back to the hostel to get my stuff. Then we just headed the the airport and came home.

No comments:
Post a Comment