Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Ireland part two

St. Patrick's Cathedral 
Me and my friend Alex in our matching red coats.
      The classic jumping picture in front of St. Patricks.

So continuing from where I left off about Saturday.  After our tour we went back to the hostel and then ate dinner.  That night we went out to a pub that was recommended to us by someone working at the hostel.  It was a really cool place, they had the best dj I've ever heard who played everything from Prince, the Beatles to Snoop dogg.  I tried cider which was really good but too sweet to have more than one.  

Sunday we went to the Irish Museum of Modern Art, one of the few things open on Sunday.  It was a bit of a hike but it was nice to see something other than downtown.  The building was a hostipal that was built in the 17th century and is beautiful.  After the museum we took the tram back into the center and walked around and went into a few stores.  I ate lunch with a few of my friends at this cool hipster cafe that used free range eggs and fair trade coffee.  I had a breakfast burrito and black coffee as my last meal before returning to Italian food.  After that we went to the airport, fortunately our flight back was direct.  

Tomorrow is my roommate Robin's birthday which I'm very excited for.  We are going to Rome on Friday to see the Cold War Kids, one of our favorite bands, to celebrate.  We are only staying for Friday night which is nice since I've been traveling for the past two weekends.  I finally went to the landromat tonight and did laundry so at least I'm caught up on that.  

I'll post more pictures once I get them from my friends.  Most of the pictures of me are on other people's cameras so I have to get them, but then I'll post more.

1 comment:

mega said...

I bet that scaffolding made you think of NYC :)