Casey and I at the top of Grossmunster.
On the ferry boat
At the top of Grossmunster
Being silly on a modern art sculpture.
Holding the beer shaped menus. So from where I left off- Friday afternoon. After the tour we got dinner at a pub where I got chicken wings, although they aren't served with hot sauce here which was a little bit of a let down. Then we went to this bar that is at the top of an observatory. It is a 360 view of the city which was all lit up. I ordered an apple martini and thought of many scrubs quotes that I would have said aloud if anyone I was with would have known what I was talking about.
Saturday we went to Lucerne which is a small town in central Switzerland about an hour from Zurich. There was a farmers market going on which is where we bought homemade strudel and fresh apple cider which were both delicious. Then we went to an art museum which was awesome. They had a wonderful collection of modern art including Picasso, Chagall, Renoir, and many others. The museum was very peaceful and the perfect amount of art that I got my moneys worth but didn't get overwhelmed. For lunch we ate soft pretzels and sat by the river. Then we walked to the edge of the city where the old wall that went around the city is still intact. It is connected by 5 giant towers. We also saw some amazing shaggy cows.
Then we went back to Zurich and met some hilarious Swiss people at a bar. They felt the need to shout "Yes we can" intermittently throughout the evening and bought us drinks, one being a "traditional Swiss drink" according to them. I guess it could be true but it was so disgusting that I'm surprised that they wanted to take credit it for it being from their country.
Sunday was the day I had been waiting for and the main reason I wanted to go to Switzerland this weekend in particular. Weegie is finishing up his two month around the world trip in Europe so I got to meet up with him and his girlfriend Lana. It was so amazing to see them. First it was weird to be meeting up with family members in a foreign country but it was so comforting to see them. Mostly we walked around the city which was pretty dead since it was Sunday morning. Then we went to a famous cafe to get hot chocolate. I was very sad that I only had a few hours with them until Lana reminded me that I will be seeing them in Florida in about six weeks. I was totally taken by surprise by how fast the semester is going.
The traveling craziness because on Thursday me and my 7 "roommates" are all going to Dublin. I use the word roommate loosely, technically Robin is my only roommate but the 6 girls that live one floor below us I include in that because I'm always with them too.
So overall Switzerland was amazingly beautiful. It was a stress free trip, its so nice to travel in a small group of three people who are all incredibly easy going. It definitely wins the award for having the nicest people of any country I've been to. It was so wonderful to see my brother, I can't wait until Christmas when I get to spend more that a few hours with him. 5 weeks from Friday I'll be flying home!

1 comment:
We are excited to see you at Christmas too!! It won't be the same at Thanksgiving without you. We will have great warm weather, fabulous food and Hazel! She smiles and giggles now and is soooo cute!
Post a Comment