

This weekend turned out to be beautiful. Everyday was 80 and sunny, so we decided to go to the beach yesterday. We went to Viareggio, which is about a 2 hour train ride. Being from Pennsylvania where the closest beach is about 10 hours away I think being able to go to the beach for a day trip is amazing. It was so nice just to sit in the sand and relax.
On a different note I've been realizing more and more that I am definitely my parents' child. I had this startling realization when I bought a pumpkin decoration at the dollar store and found my self thinking, well since it is a pumpkin it isn't strictly a halloween decoration, it can also be used for fall in general. If that isn't my mother's voice in my head...but at least I only bought one decoration and not 500. My dad like personalities have been coming out too. I'm also the last person done at museums because I read almost all the signs and plaques. For trips I'm always the one looking up activities to do like the castle we went to in Germany. When we got to the Castle I was the one telling everyone about the history because I had looked it up before we went. Of course I like being similar to my parents but when I start decorating in patriotic themes or wearing bright yellow ski jackets I'll know its gone too far.

4 comments:
I love you
There is nothing wrong with decorating for every holiday! We still have the yellow ski jacket if you change your mind!
It could be worse. If you put the yellow jacket on Santa, add a flag lapel pin, and have him holding the pumpkin then you're as bad as your Mom! Have fun.
hah! love it
Post a Comment