Clockwise: Me, Abby and Chloe at the stadium
The soccer game I went to on Saturday was so much fun. Italians are way into soccer and the stadium was packed. We were the in cheap bleacher seats so we weren't sitting with the die hard fans. The fans with season tickets were one the opposite side and they spend the entire game cheering, sing, waving flags or making noise of some sort. We won the game 3-0 so everyone was happy.
I tried to take care of my absentee ballot today. The only reason I failed is because I went after the consulate had closed. I however didn't know this and went up to check the hours and one second after my foot hit the pavement outside the U.S. consulate a policeman was asking me what I was doing. He was not very sympathetic to my attempt to be involved in the democratic process and just told me to come back tomorrow. So I will try again tomorrow and hope for better results.
I do have to say that Pennsylvania is slow and I never received my absentee ballot in the mail so instead I had to print out one from the internet. I am happy though to be voting in Pennsylvania which is always a swing state.
Nothing much exciting is going on, the week is pretty boring just doing school and whatnot. This weekend I'm going to to Perugia which is a town about two hours away for its annual chocolate festival. I'm so excited, apparently its just a bunch of people selling and enjoying chocolate.
On a side note, I finished Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte today which I really enjoyed. It has to be one of the best classical literature books I've read. My next book is The Island of the Day before by Umberto Eco. I don't really know anything about it just that it was written by an Italian professor, it has a pretty cover and that the Sunday Times said "No comparable book has ever existed." Basically I just stumbled upon it in the book store but I'm excited to read it. I'll let you know my thoughts.
Continuing on the side note, in finishing Wuthering Heights I have already beaten my record from last year of reading 22 books. I'm shooting for 30 by the end of the year but I think that may be optimistic.

No comments:
Post a Comment